23.6.2011

Inspired by Style: Haute Couture

As I promised you earlier, I'm going to reveal what I learned about Haute Couture.

When having ever understood nothing about this whole Haute Couture term and knowing only a very little about fashion industry, I decided to civilize myself about this mysterious black whole in my head by watching a BBC documentary ''the Secret World of Haute Couture.''

First, I truly found out that it's something that doesn't fit together with a wallet of a poor student! You need to be quite affluent to have a cloth that is real Haute Couture.
        Then, what actually is this mysterious Haute Couture? Based on this documentary I learned it is a way they do clothes, lifestyle and an art-form. Inside of this world of Haute Couture is a glamorous world, full of wealthy and distinguished people who do not want to be in the circle of a public-eye. That surprised me. They had interesting interviews with many famous people who are a part of this Haute Couture world and these people said: ''If I see it on a movie star, I don't want it anymore. It's done.'' I must say I recognize myself in this sentence too. I've never been too delighted if I see someone wearing a same kind of a dress or shoes that I have already.

Maybe it's a part of being young or a woman, I don't know ;) 

Chanel Spring 2011 Haute Couture
photo from: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NrtXr-niK_0/TUrwRCFN2GI/AAAAAAAAAC
4/RhVQokxHSY8/s1600/9ChanelSpring2011HauteCouture.jpg


When concentrating on clothes, Haute Couture is a certain way they do clothes.
Clothes can be Haute Couture only when they're made in France, in Paris and in fashion house that is a member of Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture. Clothes need to be done carefully by the best artisans and best fabrics money can buy.
        They said in this documentary that famous fashion houses like for example Dior or Chanel don't usually reveal the prices or the clients to anybody but they said only one dress that is Haute Couture costs shocking sums (to me definitely YES) and I truly believe that. The clothes they show in this documentary were breathtaking even though this documentary were quite old. They even show Karl Lagerfeld drafting a sketch and a few interviews with him.

Chanel, Haute Couture
photo from: http://www.catwalkqueen.tv/Chanel%20Haute
%20Couture%20ss09_01.jpg


Why waste a lot of money to clothes? Even though I'm a student and not that affluent, among money others in documentary I'd answer: Why waste a lot of money to piece of arts, like paintings and sculptures? The reason to spend money to clothes that's good quality is the same. When seeing these fantastic clothes on runway I think when it's made by someone herself or himself and not only with machines and mass production, it's unique. It's a piece of art just like some paintings or sculptures. Some express themselves through paintings, sport or music. Some through handwork.

To me the idea of spending money to clothes that truly can be applicable and long-lasting for years sounds brilliant! Inspired by this I'm going to keep this idea in my mind when going to buy a clothes. Maybe I don't have afford to these beautiful breathtaking clothes but at least I've decided to stop buying these ''impulse buys''...

Haven't yet seen these documentaries?
Check these links here below darlings and just enjoy ;)
The Secret World of Haute Couture part 1

(Sorry I didn't find ''part 2'' when searching from youtube. Hopefully you darlings are more lucky!)  

- Ninni

Ps. Guess what! I got a job now sweeetiees! Wohooooo ;)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti